State Border Committee of the Republic of Belarus (Minsk City)
State Border Guard Service under the Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Lithuania (Vilnius county)
The overall objective of the project is to strengthen border management and border security on the BY-LT border through the following aspects:
- improvement of infrastructural, administrative and human capacities of the border crossing and border guard facilities on the BY-LT border;
- enhancement of the efficiency of the border crossing and border guard facilities on the BY-LT border;
- increase of both transparency and security of the BY-LT border.
Within the project implementation it is planned to have the activities related to design, construction, delivery and installation of telecommunication and IT facilities/equipments at 49 border management sites; as well as soft component which includes 4 joint trainings for BY and LT border officers with the aim to ensure exchange of experience and best practices in the use of modern telecommunication equipment in the border management. Thus, the project will improve quality of border management on BY-LT border by increased efficiency of IT and communication system in border management sites on BY-LT border through:
- establishment and introduction of modern telecommunication system linking all Belarus border stations/posts, border crossing points and border detachments at the border with Lithuania into one common digital data transfer network;
- improvement of theoretical knowledge and practical skills of experts dealing with border control and border surveillance.
|Project number||Total budget||Eu funding||Implementation period|
|ENI-LLB-0-248||3,738,260.00||3,300,000.00||24 months (04.2019-04.2021)|